Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Superwomen

As I lay down with Cohen tonight, I tried to keep myself awake.  This is what I came up with.  (Background- Our kids (students) have been unusually sick these past couple of weeks.  It's truly been unbelievable.)  And P.S. I know I'm not a poet.


Superpowers







We've almost made it 'til Christmas break-

Without one virus did we take.

You ask me, “HOW?”

I'll tell you now.



We wiped, we Cloroxed, we 409ed the place down,

And when they approached us with a frown,

We calmly said, “Oh dear, you look a little blue,-

You must hurry home and take some Tamiflu.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



“WHAT ABOUT MY TESTS?” they cried.
 

“You just go home and get some rest.

You see, these germs, they are like glue- they stick and stick,

Like mortar and brick.”



Yes, we've dodged several bullets over the past couple of weeks,

but we shall remain humble and meek.

For we do not want to become weak.

1 comment: