Monday, February 11, 2013

He Was That Good

Just wanted to share one of my dad's letters.  I'm so incredibly blessed.  I will treasure his words always.  I'm so very, very proud to call him my daddy.




Ashley,

This life is full of problems and worries, many of which you are beginning to experience.  If I had my way, you would never have any problems or worries.  I am writing this to share with you how very special you are to me.  When I see all the problems and worries that come my way, sometimes I get very discouraged.  But when I see you, I see something very beautiful, something that makes me very proud to be your father.  In you, my little girl, I see hope.  I see in you a life that brings joy to everyone you touch.  I see a deep, deep love for people in your life.  I see God using you to bring peace and love to the lives of those whom you meet. You are very special!

If my life were to end today, I want you to know that you are a very special blessing to me.  If I live for fifty more years, then everyday I will praise God that He gave me such a very special little girl.  My one wish is that you will always know that I am available to you.  I pray that I will always be a father that you will be proud of.  That is my dream.  My hope is that you will continue to let your light shine before this very dark world. 

I love you.  This love will never fade away.  You are in your daddy's heart forever.

To My Special Girl,
Your Dad

4 comments:

  1. I'm bursting into tears! This is so so sweet Ashley!!! What a special man!! I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your daddy will always shine down upon you my sweet friend! Love , Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin. Tell Craig to be sure to write Lily Reese (spelling?) sweet letters like this one day. She will always treasure them.

      Delete
  2. I read it to Craig! It touched him!! I will make sure he does. Love you and praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, this is so sweet. Chris and I have been talking about writing letters to Sydney & Emerson each year on their birthday (even tho we'd be behind already) so I think this was enough to push me over the edge and make me do it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete