Friday, February 8, 2013

FREE

My daddy is gone and I can't believe it.  I keep expecting him to send a text telling me everything is going to be okay.  But he'd be right-everything will be okay.  What a lucky girl I've been to have such a great daddy.  Ever since I've gotten the phone call, one of my favorite songs by Nichole Nordeman keeps playing in my head over and over...

"The winds of change,
And circumstance blow in and all around
us so we find a foothold that’s familiar,
And bless the moments that we feel You nearer
Life had begun, I was woven and spun,
You let the angels dance around the throne, and who can say when,
But they’ll dance again, when I am free and finally headed home

 I will be weak, unable to speak,
still I will call You by name
“Creator, Maker, Life-sustainer,
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer,
Lord and King, Beginning and
the End, I am, yes, I am.”



My daddy is FREE and at home now!  There is nothing in the world more comforting than that.  Nothing.  That's the greatest gift my daddy has ever given me.  The absolute certainty that he loved God with all of his heart and wanted nothing more than to be with Him.  It has provided me with a peace I didn't know existed until this very time.
I was reminded of these verses tonight from a friend.  What an awesome experience he is going through right now!   Revelation 21:1-7
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away
.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful words Ash! Blogging is such a good creative release! I love you. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete