Friday, May 9, 2014

Journeying Through

 

I will not be shaken.
 I'm shaken everyday.
 
I will run and not grow weary, the race that is set before me.
I stumble over myself, exhausted, coming in last.
 
To the cross I cling.
Sometimes my grip is far looser than it should be.
 
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.
My ground is a tad bit sinking.
 
He will cover me with his feathers.
I keep sneaking away from His protection, venturing out on my own.
 
Just shine.
There's a burning light, but is it for Jesus?
 
More than anything, I don't want to be a fraud.  I don't want to write about my love for Jesus, yet my life reflect otherwise.  I feel like I'm being torn lately- between what is right, what to do, and how to reflect Jesus' love and grace in the midst of it all. 
I'm not perfect; I have lots of flaws.  But I thank God for his mercy and his grace.  For his redemption.  His forgiveness.  For his new chances.  Great is his faithfulness.  Morning by morning new mercies I see. 
 

 I know God's constantly busy writing the story of our lives.  Actually, I'm pretty sure He already wrote it a long time ago, but regardless, we are living out the story.  But how do we know we are on the right path?  How do we know that the journey we choose is the one He desires for us to travel?  What if it's time to change chapters?
 
I've prayed so hard lately for God's peace, for a sign that everything is as He wants.  I pray constantly that I live my life for Him. I want my life to be more than just words on a page. But is this part of the plan?  To weather these storms and to experience these situations?  Is it preparing me for something bigger, something more revealing?  Or am I silencing God while He tries to speak to me because I want what I want and that's hard to give up?  How to know the difference.  That is the million dollar question.  I pray that courage will find me.  I pray that I will allow God to speak to me, to show me His desires for me.
 
 Just be still.  Be still.  And know that He is God.
 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment