Monday, September 15, 2014

A Little Flying Away with a Little Humor from God

A Little Flying Away with a Little Humor from God



 I heard some great preaching about flying away yesterday.  It won't be long 'til we all fly away.  I loved the scriptures Bro. Billy shared.  Isaiah 60:8, "Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?" 

The things going on in the world today are absolutely ridiculous.  It's very frightening.  To be honest, I  try my best not to think about all the crazy things going on.  It panics me, and then I feel like I need to take another anxiety pill, haha.  So I just try to focus on my own little world.  This probably isn't a very mature take on life, nor is it realistic, but I'm just being honest.  I know this:  I'm ready to fly away whenever that time comes.  And it's kinda scary thinking of the day Jesus will come back, if He comes before I die- not because I'm unsure of my faith- but because I just don't know how it's all going to go down.  It's going to be wild!  Just the unknown of it unsettles me. I just have to remind myself, He's got the whole world in His hands.  He's got this.    Bro. Billy shared another set of verses that paints a perfect picture of God being in control of ALL of this and how He's going to do some awesome stuff, " For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."  1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.  These verses are so perfect to me in this time of utter chaos here on earth.  It's going to be simply majestic. 

So anyways...thinking back to yesterday- Bro. Billy introduced his sermon before we started singing and told us it was titled something like "I'll Fly Away."  I got to thinking- that's the last song my daddy ever heard me play.  I invited him to church one Father's Day night a few years ago, and I played that for offertory and sang a song for him.  Sweet memories. 
 
 Some glad morning when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Chorus
I'll fly away, fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).
 
And in the midst of all the serious thoughts and grown-up problems we all deal with, I love the glimpses God shows me that He has a sense of humor.  I love that.  I love laughing, and I love being happy.  I like to find humor in life, to find something to make me laugh everyday. I actively search for funny things going on around me.  And then I share it with a ton of people to try to make them laugh, too, because I believe laughter can change the world.  Laughter and Jesus, that is.  :-)  Well, today I obviously lost sight of trying to find humor in my day because I just wasn't in a real delightful mood.  God obviously took note of this.  He decided to remind me that a day without laughter is a day wasted.  Anyone who knows me knows that this dog of mine and I have issues.  Sometimes major issues.  But today, God used her to put some humor in my day.  I came home to see her face in the window, waiting patiently for someone to play with.  Obviously at some point in the day, she got a little bored.  When I saw her running towards me, all I could do was laugh and laugh.  She literally had my brassiere on.  Seriously.  It was awesome.  And if this is too much for you, get a sense of humor.  For real. :-)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment